Mar 16, 2009

Hello world

I am Ernie Suggs, a member of the Niemen Foundation‚s 2009 Class.

Welcome to Cambridge and Boston for the Niemen Conference on Narrative Journalism. For the conference, I will be blogging some of my thoughts about what is going on and talking to as many of you as possible, to get your thoughts. Blogging is still somewhat new to me, although I have been tracking my year here at Harvard on my blog, From "Chidley to Harvard," at www.erniesuggsharvard.wordpress.com.

As you can see, this has been a great academic year. A great year to be out of the newsroom. And a great opportunity to explore options. The conference is a natural extension of that.

The more I look at the conference schedule, the more excited I get about the conference. With the way things are going now in the industry, a conference of any kind could not have come at a better time. It is going to be great. I know you are excited as well. For about a month now, I have been fielding "Friend" requests from Facebook by people who will attend the conference.

I hope to meet you all. I will be the one ducking in and out of sessions, bugging you for comments and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment